Saturday, June 19, 2010

'EXILE' featured in LA Stage Alliance blog

Maureen Huskey and I sat down with reporter Ashley Steed from the LA Stage Alliance's blog to talk about 'The Exile of Petie DeLarge'.

Here's an excerpt:



" There comes a time when we must grow up and become an adult. But what does that even mean?

Recent CalArts Master’s grad and founder of the production company A Collection of Shiny Objects, Elizabeth English, realized she had been fed a lot of b.s. about life and what it means to be an adult. This was the impetus for searching for a new script and a new way of storytelling.

“I wanted to produce a project of some of the things I’ve been thinking about. Artistically, personally and politically.”

About a year ago English met up with an old college friend, playwright Jennifer Barclay. “Jen said to me, ‘I wrote this play and it’s kind of a cross between A Clockwork Orange, Peter Pan and Lord of the Flies. And Peter Pan is a girl and I think it’s a musical,’” she laughs. “And I said, ‘Well that sounds interesting, I think that might be my play.’” "

Read the full article at LA Stage Alliance blog