Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Oh, what a busy girl...

I see a lot of theater. Fancy that. In fact, I even hiked to NoHo today to a rehearsal hall that I would've mistaken for a funeral home if I hadn't been told differently, to see what I thought was supposed to be a workshop of a new musical. No dice, but that's a whole story unto itself.

Anyway, scorecard, the last two weeks:

Friday, April 10: 'Forgotten World' by Deborah Asiimwe, directed by Laurie Carlos, at CalArts

Monday, April 13: 'Much Ado About Nothing' directed by Mirjana Jokovic, at CalArts

Wednesday, April 15: Opening Night of 'Lydia' by Octavio Solis, directed by Juliette Carrillo, at the Mark Taper Forum

Friday, April 17: I participated in the MFA2 Critical Studies readings, as the voice of a rabbit, at Skylight Books

Friday Late Night: Irate phone call re: 'Lydia' at the Taper which necessitated the consumption of alcohol

Saturday, April 18: Trip down to the New Playwrights Festival at UCSD. Saw 'Clementine and the Cyber Ducks' by Krista Knight, and 'Obscura' by my pal Jen Barclay.

Sunday, April 19: 'Land of the Tigers' by Matt Almos and the Burglars of Hamm, at Sacred Fools

And, at intermission of "Tigers" I actually tore a page out of my program to write this list. I was afraid I was going to forget something.

This Friday coming I am going to the Opening of 'The Internationalists' at Poor Dog Group, which I am actually looking forward to. It sounds cool, and ambitious. I admire those Poor Dog Boys, and it was sweet of them to invite me personally. Their plan is to tour it to Eastern Europe this summer. I do want to open up a dialogue. If I can make my grand NY plan work, they'd be a great group to collaborate with.